Friday, January 18, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 84 - Final Mission

"Wesley sets off on his final mission with the Enterprise accompanied by Picard, but they become stranded on a desert planet."

I'm not sad to see Wesley go, but I'm not happy either. I always assumed I hated this character, but going back and re-watching these made me realize that he really did add a different dynamic to the crew. That's not to say that the Wesley themed episodes were good, because usually they were not ... and this is no exception. It was just ok. Although I do think that Wil Wheaton did a fine job in this one, as did the go-to rogue pilot actor Nick Tate.

ST TNG: 83 down 96 to go

6 comments:

Donald said...

Nick Tate later comes back for an episode of DS9, with a much better role in a much cooler episode.

But this one is ok. How many "last Wesley episodes" are there, anyway?

Mugato said...

If they made a new Star Trek show. Will could still play Wesley as a teenager, he looks exactly the same. How about this idea. Wesley jumps through a huge satellite dish and gets trapped in a TV show realm. He ends up on Three's Company where him and Larry have a date with twins. Wesley bites fist

capt.naps said...

I like that Will Weaton has become a professional nerd and now people seem to like him. everyone hated him on star trek though.
I never had a problem with him, his character was suppose to be an unlikeable snot nosed dweeb, right?

"im not a player/i just like wesley crusher a lot"- Big Pun

Donald said...

I think the problem with Welsey is that he was a nerdy kid who was written by writers who lost touch with what it was like to be a nerdy kid. He was a kid who was living the nerd dream... he was living on the Enterprise in a Star Trek series... and yet all he did was whine and complain. So that's why I think nerds hated him.

In many ways it was a very realistic portrayal of a teenager living on a Starship. But, on the other hand, fuck that. He was a fucking fag.

Donald said...

At the rate you're going you'll finish these reviews right around the time the Original Series actually takes place ;-)

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I'm ambivalent about Wesley Crusher. Don't love him, don't hate him. I mean, he's no Picard, but he's not as annoying as Tasha Yar.