Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 145 - Starship Mine

Many things wrong here. First of all, the ship is completely evacuated for maintenance ... this is just an asinine plot.

Next the maintenance crew ends up being a bunch of mercenaries trying to take over the ship, well done Starfleet.

Then Picard must run all over the ship like Our Man Flint and stop the terrorist plot before it is too late.

One of the mercenaries is played by Tim Russ! He is supposed to be Tuvok, it ruins the illusion!

But here is the best part. While off of the ship Picard decides to go horseback riding. He says "oh wait let me go back to the ship to get my saddle". Then he proceeds to retrieve a gigantic ornate saddle from his quarters...one that would make Roy Rogers literally dung in his dungarees.
I mean, I'm guessing that the amount of stuff one can bring along on a space mission is limited ... did you really have to take the fucking saddle?

This episode was actually pretty good.

144 down 35 to go

4 comments:

Donald said...

Dumb plot, great episode. Lots of fun action on the ship, and Data's small talk with that guy was some of the funniest stuff I remember from the show. That was this episode, right?

Mugato said...

That was this episode. Can 't believe I forgot to mention that Data subplot, it was the best part of the episode!

capt.naps said...

I assume they can just make a saddle the same way they make food???

or is it his lucky saddle??

I bet the ship has horse stables on it.

Mugato said...

It actually was his "lucky saddle"