Friday, May 09, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 20 - In the Hands of the Prophets

Episode 20 already! Season One is over. It ends on an odd note too. This episode is all about religion, religious fanaticism and religion in schools. So this Bajoran religious leader named Winn comes to DS9 (played by the great great great Louise Fletcher). She gets really pissed to find out that Kiko O'Brien is teaching the science of the wormhole and not the religious aspect of the wormhole. Eventually someone blows up the school. Hmmm I wonder what the message is in this episode? Stop preaching politics to me DS9 will you!!


It was sort of like watching Do the Right Thing but in space.


Anyway, whatever. Season One of DS9 was very solid, much better than season one of TNG.


I have grown to like Kira slightly more, Dax still remains rather boring, Odo has become one of my favorites, Sisko is ok but I like him better when he gets fat and bald, I love all of the Ferengi's...I think they make the show, Bashir sucks, Miles O'Brien is turning more into Colm Meaney and less into Miles O'Brien ... which is great. And that is it. Go away.


20 down and 156 to go



2 comments:

Donald said...

Pretty good season. Possibly the best first season of any Trek series since the original, which basically means it doesn't sucks as bad as the others.

Mugato said...

I thought so too. Not many, if any, total bombs. Maybe that episode where Quark accidently hits Richard Nixon's car with a water balloon. Wait, that was an episode of Bosom Buddies.