Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Kean Doontz

I recently got a Dean Koontz book and I noticed onr thing, he's a pretty vain bastard. You know how at the beginning of books there's 1-2 pages of good review quotes, like "It was terrific" Max Wright, Gay Crackhead Times. Now seriously this Dean Koontz book has 5 PAGES - Both sides, full of positive reveiw crap. Thats not the half of it.... Lets recap:

1. 5 pages of reveiws
2. One reveiw is "Terrific" ... thats it.
3. The Book is named "Dean Koontz': FRANKENSTEIN" ... he re-wrote Frankenstein??
4. It's actually a duel-author book with Kevin Anderson (of Star Wars novel fame, and is a really good author), yet in all 5 pages of positive praise it does't mention Kevin Anderson once.
5. He so obviously rips off Steven King.
6. I noticed while reading F. Paul Wilson books that Dean always writes a good comment in the beginning of the book. Then I noticed that around this time Koontz books oddly changed into a similar style as Wilson.

Koontz is such a phoney and a prick, yet I still read all of his books.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

reading dean kootz is like fucking a fat chick. sure you're having sex but no one is impressed.

ha thats offensive.

you should read philip jose farmer's gay tarzan books. now thats good entertainment.

Donald said...

You know what's annoying? When there are a bunch of quotes on the front and back covers... and then you open up and find another page or two of the exact same quotes. What the fuck is that? Or I also hate when you'll open a book by some author and find a bunch of blurbs raving about some different book by the same author. What, I'm supposed to put down this book I haven't even started yet so I can run out and buy this other book everybody loves? Fuck you.

Donald said...

And I used to like Dean Koontz ok. I liked Strangers a lot and then Watchers was cool. And that's all I've read. So when I said I used to like him, I meant I read two books that were ok.

Mugato said...

Thats exactly what Koontz does, having quotes about his other books as well. And yes Fucking Dean Koontz is like fucking a fat chick.

Anonymous said...

i hate when a writer puts a quote on the dedication page. but the quote is from a song like

"Balls against the walls"
-accept

yet it has nothing to do with the book. its just an inside joke or something. and you know its a bad book when its a quote from a beatles song.

wow the writer likes the beatles! what a creative hip person they must be. Hey I like Pepsi. thats pretty fucking interesting also isn't it.

Donald said...

Do you think at some point publishers are going to start using internet comments as book blurbs?

"Dean Koontz is the best writer of all time ever!!!! -- Hotguy69 on the IMDB"