Monday, November 12, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 69 - Tin Man

"A gifted telepath whom Deanna Troi once treated as a patient comes aboard to establish first contact with an unknown vessel near an unstable star before the Romulans do."

Not much to say about this one, it was alright i guess. There's this big to-do about this ship, for seemingly no reason ... I mean the ship itself is sentient which is cool. But really, who cares. And this telepath guy was a patient of Troi. Not just a patient, but an actual mental patient. Like he's totally insane. So yeah, let's let him work with Starfleet on this project. The guy ends up bonding with the alien ship and decides to stay on it. It just all seemed so ridiculous.

ST TNG: 68 down 111 to go

5 comments:

Donald said...

I like this one. It's a neat story and it had a really good performance by that guy from Dear John. Anybody else remember that show? I liked that show. That show even had a character naked Kirk. Coincidence?

Well... yeah, totally. But still... Dear John was funny, and this episode was all right. It was just a solid episode in a very solid season.

Mugato said...

Best Dear John episode is the last one when they find out Kirk was really a secret agent. Great show, good theme song.

I do like how you accidently wrote naked Kirk ... Freudian slip perhaps??

Donald said...

I do have an erection. Oops, I meant to type "maybe."

Justin Garrett Blum said...

"Best Dear John episode is the last one when they find out Kirk was really a secret agent"

Is that actually true? I'm too lazy to look that up, but I did used to watch that show. That would be pretty funny.

Donald said...

I believe in the next episode they revealed that he had lied. Or something.