Friday, June 06, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 24 - Invasive Procedures

An angry Trill named Verard boards the station with the intention of stealing the symbiont from Dax. The trill was rejected as a host and now he is pissed off. Him and his henchmen force Bashir to transfer the symbiont from Dax to himself. Within hours Jadzia (formerly Dax) will die. Also DS9 is caught in a plasma storm and the space station must be evacuated. Again, Rom screws Quark by stealing his escape pod.


Now the symbiont is in a new host. The thing is, it's still the same "person" just in a different shell. Now that "Dax" is back to being a man, Sisko seems less awkward around his old friend. But, I guess they realize that it is wrong to let Jadzia die so the symbiot has to be returned to her body. Sisko eventually shoots Verard and Bashir gets the symbiot back into it's original host. But does it really matter what the symbiont looks like? It's the same "being" no matter what!!


24 down and 152 to go

5 comments:

Donald said...

Every Trill-themed episode just gets weirder and weirder. As a an alien species, their society, customs, and life-cycle make absolutely no sense. But, in a way, that's ok because I suppose an alien society should make no sense to humans. So I'm not complaining, but I do find them dumb and I'm happy I'm a human.

I can't remember, and I'm too lazy to check, but was the Trill played by John Glover? I remember him being in an episode like this. Anyway, he's cool.

Unknown said...

Invasive procedures? Is this the one where Bashir finally gives Sisko his colonoscopy?

Justin Garrett Blum said...

That's interesting--he /was/ played by John Glover. I could have sworn Glover was actually a recurring character on that series. Why wasn't he??

Unknown said...

You're thinking of Smallville, or possibly Gremlins 2: The New Batch: The Series.

Mugato said...

I didn't even realize that was John Glover!

Gremlins 2 scared the shit out of me