Monday, April 27, 2015

Star Trek DS9 Episode 169 - Strange Bedfellows

"An alliance is born between the Dominion and the Breen which will prove devastating for the Federation. Ezri and Worf are sentenced to death on Cardassia."


The Breen are really cool, too bad it took them this long to be introduced into the series. They are very "Star Wars".

The Cardassian named Damar does not want an alliance with the Breen. He is very skeptical. It makes matters worse when Weyound doesn't react to a Klingon attack on one of the Cardassian outposts, and also the Breen are then allowed access to secret Cardassian data. Damar decides to withdraw the Cardassians from the alliance, save the lives of Ezri and Worf and help the Federation. This is a very lucky turn of events because The Federation would have had a very formidable enemy if that alliance held.

Meanwhile Bashir realizes that he likes Ezri. Also, "Dukat" convinces Winn to follow the Pah-raith path and basically destroy Bajor in order to rebuild it into a stronger society. At least that's what I got from it.


169 down and 7 to go

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, the Breen. They aren't just very Star Wars, they are completely ripped-off from Star Wars... but I'm ok with that.

I used to have a crush on a girl named Elizabeth Breen. I just looked her up but couldn't find her. But I didn't really try that hard. Those are my two cents on Strange Bedfellows.

Mugato said...

It's about time Star Trek ripped off Star Wars. Did you know that breen is a color? It's a mix of brown and green.

Unknown said...

You just blew my mind. I have to forget everything I thought I knew about the word Breen!