Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Star Trek TOS: Episode 60 - IS THERE NO TRUTH AND BEAUTY?

“The Enterprise travels with an alien ambassador who must travel inside a special black case because his appearance causes insanity”

The weirdest episode ever. There’s an alien in a box, it’s so ugly that it will drive you mad. No, I’m not talking about Sonia Sotomayor, I’m talking about … well, I don’t really know because they don’t show it. Anyway, the box has a guardian, she can look at the thing without losing her shit … because she is blind. There’s another dude on the ship and he loves the blind broad. I think he’s jealous of the box … not hers but the one that the alien is in. He tries to kill the thing, but ends up going mad and taking over the ship. 

Spock melds with the box … not hers but the one that the alien is in. He saves the ship but goes crazy and Kirk shoots him. Then the blind lady melds with him … oh yeah she’s also psychic … and Spock is saved. Everybody wears these funky goggles and the camera perspective is just odd … ever see the SNL sketch The Continental with Christopher Walken? Like that. Oh and by the way, there IS no truth in beauty.

ST TOS COUNTDOWN: 61 down 19 to go

2 comments:

capt.box said...

needs more box jokes

Donald said...

I have no memory of this episode. I think I might go watch it...