Thursday, August 28, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 45 - Tribunal

"O'Brien is declared guilty of an unspecified crime and later "tried" at a tribunal held on Cardassia Prime."

The thing is, I still don't know what the crime was?? Maybe I am just dumb, and that is totally possible, but I swear they never said what the charge was. I think it was for something that he did when he was stationed on the USS Rutledge. Regardless, it ends up being a sham. First of all, he is considered guilty until proven innocent...I mean what is this, the United States circa 2014?? Then come to find out that he is just being set up by a Cardassian spy that is surgically altered to look like his friend Raymond Boone. The episode did remind me how much I enjoy watching Colm Meaney, he is always so good. And I recommend everyone watch the show Hell on Wheels, top notch acting on that muthafucka. So yeah, Colm Meaney.

45 down and 131 to go

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colm Meany is one of those actors who is so good, you don't know he's good. Remember how he was on Next Gen as the transporter guy? Then all of a sudden he's on DS9 and he's awesome?

Mugato said...

Exactly. I wonder if Star Trek producers noticed what a good actor he was because it was such a weird casting....taking a completely insignificant character from one series and making him a star in the next.