Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 51 - Second Skin

"Kira is kidnapped by the Cardassians and told she is actually an undercover Cardassian agent."

I really enjoyed this episode. Even though I don't like Kira as a character ... actually for a show that I really do like, I think I hate almost every character...anyway, yeah this was a very interesting and original plot. Though it's full of more holes than JFK...which I guess is to say more than three. Anyway.

Kira wakes up on Cardassia, looking exactly like a Cardassian. They tell her that she was an under cover agent and now she is back home. They bring her to see her father, who is overjoyed. She is obviously not buying into this, but after time she starts to believe and she is very disturbed by this new revelation. Honestly, I started to buy into it too.

But, come to find out that it was all trick to get info from her. They kidnapped her and altered her to look like a Cardassian, then made this giant ridiculous ruse. Here's the small twist. That guy that was her "dad" actually believed that she was his daughter. This is because the Cardassians actually did use his daughter as a spy and altered her to look like a Bejoran. So somewhere out there, there really is a fake Bajoran spy woman!

I leave you with these words of wisdom, A wise man once told me this...


" Josie's on a vacation far away
Come around and talk it over
So many things that I wanna say
You know I like my girls a little bit older

I just wanna use your love tonight
I don't wanna lose your love tonight"

.....why would a man tell me this?????

51 down and 125 to go

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Watching all these Treks has finally gotten to you. You've lost your mind.

Mugato said...

It really is getting to me. And I haven't even started Voyager yet!!

Unknown said...

Did you already do Enterprise? I can't even remember.