Friday, December 26, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 111 - For The Uniform

"Michael Eddington returns and Sisko becomes obsessed with catching him."


I like the idea of a rogue Starship Captain as the villain. In fact, I would have liked this plot much more than the Changeling stuff. But, I just don't enjoy Eddington as a character. Maybe it's just the way he is played by Ken Marshall. I don't know. He is just very hokey.

The cat and mouse game between Sisko and Eddington in this episode was enjoyable. Sisko seemed thwarted at every turn. Eddington is getting rather brazen too, he has been attacking Cardassian colonies with this crazy biogenic weapon that poisons the atmosphere. Sisko figures out that Eddington sees himself as the hero so he decides to play the villain. Sisko makes public his plan to poison the Maquis atmosphere and kill them all. This causes Eddington to surrender. It was a cool ploy by Benjamin.

111 down and 65 to go

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite DS9 episodes, and helped to cement Sisko as my favorite captain. That's right, I said it.

Mugato said...

I can't argue. Once Sisko lost his hair, grew a goatee and got fat...he turned pretty badass.