Monday, January 05, 2015

Star Trek DS9 Episode 118 - Ferengi Love Songs

"At the end of his rope, Quark returns home and discovers Moogie has a secret lover.

These Quark home life episodes remind me of the Ewoks Christmas Special. A wonderful train wreck. I like the Moogie character, she is just so gross looking but has good spirit. Sort of like if Clint Howard was a woman.

So Quark returns home to find the Grand Nagus hiding in his closet. This is because Nagus has been dating Quark's mother. At first Quark thinks this a good thing for his business standing, but soon he is offered a better deal from a Ferengi named Brunt. He will make Quark rich if he breaks up the Nagus and Moogie. So of course, Quark does it. Moogie is very upset and soon Quark begins to see a big decline in the Ferengi power structure. This is because the Grand Nagus is old and senile and he has become a terrible businessman. It appears that Quarks mother has been the "woman behind the curtain", essentially running the Ferengi government. In the end Quark gets them back together. OK, so maybe the episode was stupid.

In one scene Quark complains that he can't get the Grand Nagus' attention. Moogie asks if he has tried rubbing his lobes. Isn't that essentially jerking him of???

118 down and 58 to go

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Your joke about Clint Howard made me wonder how he never appeared as a Ferengi. So I looked it up...and he did, in an episode of Enterprise. We'll get to that one in about five years.

Mugato said...

He did?? Hmmm. I actually already reviewed Enterprise. I did that first...like five years ago. I'm going in Star Trek Timeline order rather than production order.

Unknown said...

Oh. I forgot, I guess. I guess I'll go back and check what you said...

Unknown said...

http://themugato.blogspot.com/2011/08/enterprise-episode-19-acquisition.html

Your review was pretty heavy on the fact that Clint Howard is kind of unattractive.

Mugato said...

hahaha I totally forgot even doing this