Thursday, September 17, 2015

Star Trek VGR Episode 64 - Real Life

"The Doctor creates a family on the holodeck."


What starts off as a dumb episode in which The Doctor creates a stereotypical family for himself (complete with Stepford Wife), ends up being one of the most dramatic Trek episodes ever. So far only two Star Trek episodes have actually made me tear up, one being the DS9 episode Far Beyond the Stars and this being the other. After initially making a totally perfect family, Torres convinces The Doctor to make them more realistic. So ho does; this comes with all of the ups and down, problems and eventually tragedy of a real life scenario. At the end, his small daughter dies. It is a very emotional scene. Robert Picardo was great in this episode. This episode was so sad that it has deterred me from making a joke about how Kes exposes herself to kids. Totally ruined the mood


64 down 108 to go

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I guess I'll watch this one. It does sound interesting. Maybe Voyager isn't terrible after all.

capt.naps said...

I liked this episode but I seriously don't remember the ending at all. I wish it just stayed a goofy sitcom family. I'm surprised Klingon Metal didn't take off as a genre.

Also you should still make a joke about Kes