Monday, November 22, 2004

Taking Back Latte

I heard a commercial today for a Dunkin' Donuts latte that claimed "Dunkin' Donuts latte's will take you back" ... Take you back to what? Take you back to a time when you ... drank latte's??? Back like two years ago when you STILL had no life?? There are many things in life that are nostalgic, I 'm of course an emotionless fuck of a Mugato so I can't actually name any of them. But this I DO KNOW, there is NOTHING nostalgic about a fucking latte! Although they are tasty, D&D's Lattes are decent (roll my 12 sided donut....get it...nevermind), I'd rather have a Starbucks Pumpkin' Spice Latte anyday, those cats can make a good drink. I just hate spilling it on my fur...it stains.

2 comments:

Donald said...

While I agree that the whole "takes you back" thing sound moronic and nonsensical, I disagree with the Starbucks / D&D statement. I love their coffee and donuts. Starbucks doesn't do anything for me. And their coolers are so much better than the Frappucinos. You know it's true. Why would I lie? It's one in a million drinks...

Man, I haven't had a Dunkin' Donuts meal in forever. They don't have them out here in the midwest, and before that, I never saw any in Virginia either. Boy, this really takes me back. Seriously.

Mugato said...

Evidently my theory about coffee not being nostalgic has been disproven. Someone has indeed been "taken back", and it's a credible statement. When something you once had is taken away, getting reaquainted with it in any way may "take you back". As for the Starbucks/D&D debate. I grew up on Dunkins, after all they are EVERYWHERE around here, affordable, and they do have good coffee and donuts. But when I pay over $4.00 for a Starbucks latte....i feel rich, and maybe that just makes it taste all that much better to me.