Saturday, October 13, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 61 - The High Ground

"Dr. Crusher taken hostage by terrorists who hope Federation involvement will help them win concessions for their cause."

Not a bad depiction of terrorism. Though, I'm getting tired of these episodes in which a "good looking" rogue catches the attention of a female crew member. Dr. Crusher is very good in this episode as the hostage that refuses to talk. The cool thing about this episode is that it was banned in Ireland or something. This is because Data mentions that Ireland eventually unites after a very successful terrorist campaign. What a weird stance for the Star Trek creatures to take???

ST TNG: 60 down 119 to go

2 comments:

Donald said...

I actually lived in Europe when this episode would've aired... and it didn't. I remember it was a big deal when the British TV station we got (Sky, which was actually Australian cause it's owned by Rupert Murdoch, but that's neither here nor there) finally was able to air it a few years later... and it was totally meh.

I mean, it's a good episode with an interesting (albeit cliche) episode, but it was hard to figure out why it was banned.

Nigel fingerbottom said...

'allo 'allo I'm from England I is. Me and me blokes luv to sit 'round the Telly and 'ave a gay ol' time watching ye old star trek the next gen (or as we calls it treky wekky the next genny)
I 'ear tis show was banned by the queen mum 'erself because it 'ad an Irish person in it. Which is against the magna Carter.
Chip chip cheerio