Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 66 - Sins of the Father

"Worf goes on trial to prove his father's innocence after the Klingon High Council declares that Worf's father is a traitor, and worked with the Romulans all along. "

This is one of the most loved TNG episodes, rated number 7 in Entertainement Weekly's TNG top 10. And, I didn't like it. It was boring. I usually like the Klingons, but they were just irritating in this one. The only good thing about it was the solid performance from Tony Todd ... who's been in tons of good movies, like Candyman, Wishmaster and Beastmaster III.

ST TNG: 65 down 114 to go

4 comments:

Donald said...

I love this episode! What's your problem, man? It's cool.

I will agree that Tony Todd is the best thing about it, but he's the best thing about everything he's in... and even the best thing about things he's not even in. The scene where Riker gives him some advice and then he tells Riker he would've killed him back on a Klingon ship is one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I love Riker but does anybody really doubt that the show would've been better had he just killed Riker and taken his position? I'd watch that show.

And I also liked the rest of the story. I just thought it was an interesting view of the Klingon culture.

capt.naps said...

i like worf
i like klingons
i dont usually like worf centered episodes though.

Donald said...

Here's my basic rule for Klingon episodes: I like the ones where they fight and are shown to be assholes. Later on, they try to turn them into some noble race and have lots of stories about the minutiae of their cultural rituals and shit and it just gets boring.

Just having them being assholes.

Mugato said...

Totally agree. I'm not a big fan of Worf because he's too human. Replace Worf with this guy and things would have been very entertaining.