Monday, April 15, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 100 - In Theory

Data seeks a romantic relationship with a female crew member. This episode was Directed by Patrick Stewart and the reviews on it are generally mixed, but I really enjoyed it. I loved when Data was trying to seek romance tips from various crew members and Riker was like "Just show up to her room naked from the waist down, that's what I do".

Really though, what's wrong with this lady. She is not bad looking, why the hell would she want a relationship with a robot? Maybe just for sex, because obviously she knows Data doesn't have emotions. A great scene is when she is trying to explain that sometimes when she says not to do something, she really means to do it. That shit will even confuse an android

ST TNG: 99 down 80 to go .

3 comments:

Donald said...

This is one of my favorite episodes. It's just such a clever story, and Brent Spiner just knocks it out of the park. How did this guy never get an Emmy?

Hold on... I'm gonna look up when this episode -- and entire season! -- aired and see who actually won the emmy...

Christoper Lloyd for Road to Avonlea. Yeah ok, whatever. I'll allow it. I like Christopher Lloyd, even though I've never heard of Road to whatever. It's a safe bet no blogger is rewatching every episode of that show.

So let's see who won the Emmy for the years before and after...

Before: James Earl Jones for Gabriel's Fire. Again, never heard of it. Here's the thing about James Earl Jones... is he a good actor, or does he just have a really deep voice? A good acting performance from him would be if he ever played a guy who doesn't have a deep booming voice. Has he ever done that? Then he's not a great actor.

After: Tom Skerritt for Picket Fences. Two words: Fuck you.

Mugato said...

What he hell are these shows?? I'm guessing Star Trek was fifty times the hit than this crap and Spiner is an awesome actor. I really like Lloyd but can he ever not play a mental case? Like just once he should play the love interest. And your point about Jones is dead on, I would be impressed if he played Peter Pan or something like that.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Doesn't everybody who has ever been in a relationship sometimes think about how much more peaceful life would be if you were in a relationship with somebody without emotions? I mean, you can still have stimulating conversations, but without all the bullshit. If anything, I feel sorry for Data in that relationship.