Monday, January 06, 2014

Star Trek TNG: Episode 147 - The Chase

"Four competing expeditions—Federation, Klingon, Cardassian, and Romulan—attempt to solve a genetic puzzle that proves to be the key to why Star Trek's version of the galaxy contains so many humanoid life forms."

Jonathan Frakes directed this episode and typically he does a solid job, this is no exception. I liked it. Great story and excellent visuals.

Picard's former archeology teacher arrives on board to share his ground breaking discovery, DNA that links all humanoid life-forms in the galaxy. The Cardassians plan to sabotage it and destroy the evidence. Picard locates the DNA strand and activates a program that shows an alien life-form explaining the humanoid origin. This pretty much pisses off everybody. The Cardassians are mad, the Klingons are furious and the Romulans are highly disgusted. I like to think that in real life most aliens would be humanoid ... but it seems sort of unlikely.

146 down 33 to go

5 comments:

capt.naps said...

I liked this episode a lot and it was cool that they explained why every alien is just a human with a weird nose or something.
Didn't people realize that Aliens had similar DNA when they could mate with them?? and why is it always a human/alien offspring…its never like a klingon/vulcan offspring!

i want a klingon/vulcan character in star trek!!!!!

Donald said...

I'm not a fan of this episode. I find it hokey and an attempt to answer a question that nobody ever really asked. I dunno. It was just aiight for me, dawg.

(Are Randy Jackson references still funny?)

Mugato said...

Randy Jackson references are always funny.

I always wanted to know why everyone is humanoid on Star Trek, but it really didn't need to be explained.

The answer is, all of the actors are humans!

Donald said...

Exactly! I think that an attempt to address this "problem" just defeated the purpose and made it stand out more.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I didn't really like this episode. Though actually, I think the writers of that horrible, horrible movie Prometheus basically ripped off this episode.