Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Star Trek TOS: Episode 37 - I, MUDD

Boy, I really wanted to like this episode. It just didn't do it for me. It was still cool to see Harry Mudd and he was awesome as ever, but the plot was lame. This episode was also incredibly goofy, almost too the point where I felt embarrassed. The crew of Kirk, Spock, McCoy, Scotty and Uhura prance around and act weird, they also act out these bizarre skits.


The idea itself is alright. Mudd (who had previously been marooned) comes in contact with these Androids and he soon becomes their king. He then lures the Enterprise into a trap and plans to steal the ship. But his Androids get out of control. He works with Kirk to force the Androids into self destruction by acting out these irrational little plays. Basically this idea works, but Kirk then maroons Mudd yet again but this time with 500 android versions of his nagging wife.

It was just a weird, oddball episode that had lame comic relief and some bad acting. That being said, I'd like to be marooned with all of these hot android women ... but again that brings up the question, "Can you fuck it?"


 ST TOS COUNTDOWN: 38 down 42 to go

5 comments:

capt.naps. said...

well I'd guess you could bang them right?? but would it be cold and metallic?

Donald said...

I know one thing about mankind: Given enough time and lube, we can find a way to fuck anything.

Mugato said...

Hey, my wife is cold and metallic. I tell ya, I get no respect.

That's the greatest achievement of mankind, the ability to screw on the fly.

Donald said...

There should be a game show called "Fuck it or Chuck it" where people are given various items and people and they have to choose whether to attempt to have sex with it or throw it away, hoping that the next item or person might be better.

Who wouldn't watch that?!

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I always thought this was a really fun episode. I didn't mind the sillyness at all.