Thursday, March 28, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 96 - The Drumhead

This episode was directed by Johnathan Frakes. It was pretty good, not great. When a Klingon saboteur is discovered on the ship, it sets in motion a witch hunt. A poor engineer ends up on trial accused of sabotage by a crazed old woman Admiral (who overacts like fucking crazy may I add).

The coolest thing about this episode is the way that the Klingon saboteur transported the stolen data. He used a modified syringe, entered the data into it, the data was then held in cells which were then injected into the body. Exactly how the data gets extracted I have no idea ... but I'm guessing semen.

ST TNG: 95 down 84 to go

3 comments:

Donald said...

I disagree!

I love this episode and think it's one of the best of the whole Trek canon. I think it's a great story -- and one that is embarrassingly still relevant -- and Picard's final speech is great. This is the kind of stuff that makes a Trek captain a real hero, not fist fights and shooting torpedos. That's what the producers of the new movies don't get.

Mugato said...

Picard was pretty great in this one. And the Romulan/Vulcan engineer was an excellent character.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

It has been a number of years since I've seen this full episode, and the actress does overact, I suppose, but yeah...one of the best monologues in Trek history by Picard, so at the end of the day, pretty damn good. I like it a lot.