Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 135 - A Fistful of Datas

... so here is the Western episode where every character is Data! Who knew it was right after Rascals. What a terrible one two punch. Although I must say, I almost enjoyed this one. I typically like anything Old West, so this was at least tolerable ... and Data always cracks me up. Especially at the end when he is dressed like an old west "dancer"....prostitute.  For the most part an episode in which Worf and Alexander are cowboys is just plain dumb. Oh yes and this episode also begins the "beard growing" story arc. Ha Ha what the hell is going on in season six!?!

134 down 45 to go

6 comments:

capt.naps said...

fistful of data

thats the worst title...i had to look it up to be sure you weren't just making up a title.

Its like my Aquaman / Jonah Hex fan fiction: Fishful of Dollars

mugato said...

Wouldn't Aquaman die in the desert?

Donald said...

I have to rewatch this episode before I comment since I can't remember if it was dumb or awesome.

But I will say that it was the first (and I believe only) episode to be directed by Patrick Stewart.

capt.naps said...

thats part of the drama...aquaman is stuck in the desert!!!!

mugato said...

Yes, Patrick Stewart did direct it. It was very dumb but not completely unwatchable.

Donald said...

Rewatched it.

Pretty dumb, but at least not boring. The concept didn't work, but I appreciated the attempt, and it's always fun to watch Brent Spiner show off as multiple characters. He really was the Peter Sellers of Star Trek.

But the episode stopped being fun when Councilor troi showed up.