Saturday, December 12, 2015

Star Trek VGR Episode 103 - Thirty Days

The episode starts with Paris being sent to the brig for 30 days. Then he flashes back to what lead to this... Voyager encounters an ocean planet. It is a weird concept, a giant ocean floating in space ... but at the same time it is extremely creative and intriguing. The visuals were excellent and I really enjoyed when the Delta Flyer goes under the ocean. It is very "SeaQuest". So basically this "planet" is losing water at an alarming rate and Paris goes to help them figure out the issue. He finds out that it is the government that has been drilling in the ocean for mining purposes ... they refuse to stop. Paris wants Janeway to force them but she will not because of The Prime Directive. So Paris takes it upon himself to save the planet.

103 down 69 to go

3 comments:

Unknown said...

When I was a kid I came up with an idea for a Star Trek (Next Gen) episode. All I can remember is that the bad guys were shark-like people who flew around in a ship full of water.

Mugato said...

That just made me crack up laughing. That would be my favorite episode of all time. In High School I wrote an entire script for Star Trek the Original Series. Which made zero sense because it was the early 1990s!!

Unknown said...

You should review that script!