Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Buster

This weekend I rented the entire North and South 80's Mini-Series. I even told Captain Naps that I was "busy" and couldn't hang out. That was some good viewing i must say, what happened to Patrick Swayze? Other notible appearances in N&S are a very young Johnathan Frakes and a very cool Johnny Cash....

Now let me tell you about a really good show. If anyone has ever watched "Postcards from Buster" on PBS Kids they know what i'm talking about....it's captivating. Seriously, it's really good. I'm not sure if being hooked on a kids show is really disturbing or really sensitive? Either way i'm depressed about it.

"Postcards from Buster" is a spin-off from the PBS show "Arthur" and the plot is this: Buster (who's parents are divorced) travels the country with his father Bo and they meet interesting people from all over the country. At first I thought Bo kidnapped Buster and they were on the run, but thats not the case. Bo is a pilot that has been flying a rock group to their gigs across America and Buster is along for the ride. Whats cool is that when they meet up with "real" people the show switches from cartoon to live-action shot from the point of view through Busters video camera. I like this show because you get to see how people live in places like Jacksons Hole, Wyoming. And seeing how I never leave home, this is the only way I'll ever get to see the country. Thank you Buster......Thank You.

For More info = http://pbskids.org/buster/

4 comments:

Donald said...

Last year my sister bought the entire North and South collection on DVD. Best... Miniseries... ever!! Bent is the coolest character in the history of the world. I love that guy.

Did you watch book 3? That one is pretty unwatchable.

Mugato said...

Yeah Dude I totally watched the entire thing, it was like 5 DVDs I think. I like book 1 the best for some reason. Yeah it just beats out Shaka Zulu as the best miniseries of all time. At one point George Hazard was refered to as Major Hazard....i had to laugh.

Mugato said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mugato said...

Pilots can't drive cars?!??!?!!