Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Bad Metal Album Cover Of The Week!

This is a new segment that i'm gonna do. "Bad Metal Album Cover of the week", lets see how long I keep this up.

This week our Bad Metal Album Cover is Overkill's Taking Over. The album itself actually isn't too bad...it's like a rock opera or something. Here's some lyrics straight from the album..

"We'll wreck your neck!
Wreckin' crew!
Your wrecked!
Ah! Wreckin' crew!
Wreck! Wreck!
...

Just to put in perspective what we're dealing with here.
Anyway, is there anything tougher than 4 dudes with feathered hair and M16's? I think not. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that, four guys with ass-tight jeans, vests and perms aren't "Taking Over" shit. M16's or not....it just ain't happening. Two interesting side notes.

A) The drummer on this album lists his name as Rat Skates. I mean is that a pun or something? Is it meant to be tough? A skating rat...thats um...real tough.

B) I actually stole this tape from a local music store when I was in 7th Grade.

2 comments:

Donald said...

I never really listened to music until I was in college. This is true. I just had no real interest. So I pretty much missed all of the hair bands and heavy metal groups. I'm a loser. Or am I awesome?

Mugato said...

I'd say that you are awesome. I'm not too proud to "have" listened to this. But these bands do have the funniest covers ever.

The "breaking through the wall" was from an M.O.D. album, sadly it's on the back cover, otherwise i woulda used that instead of overkill.