Sunday, April 22, 2012

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan


Jesus I totally forgot how fucking awesome this movie is. I remember reading that Khan was named one of the top villains in movie history … and yeah I would have to agree. Ricardo was awesome. This is the problem with Star Trek 1 … the viewer has to connect with the villain in some way, but in the Motion Picture the villain is a mutherfuckin probe.

Everything is a vast improvement over the 1st movie. The effects are decent and the script is just light years better. Kirk is back to his old self, and has some great lines. The battle between Khan in the Reliant and Kirk in the Enterprise is just so cool. 

I like the characters of Dr. Marcus and Kirk’s son David … as well as the whole plot line with the Genesis Device. As for the Kirstie Alley character … it adds nothing. Although I am reminded that she did look hot at some point, be it thirty years ago. Yet again Nimoy/Spock steals the show. The ending to Wrath of Khan may be one of the best endings in movie history, at least in the sci-fi genre. I actually went back and watched it twice.

7 comments:

Donald said...

The original series is a classic and well deserving of its popularity, but Star Trek wouldn't be Star Trek without Wrath of Khan. If they had just made the series, the cartoon, and then that first movie, nobody would've cared. This was the one that changed everything and turned the series into a phenomenon.

Hey...you know what? I wrote a review of this too:

http://blessedarethegeeks.blogspot.com/2009/04/star-trek-ii-wrath-of-khan.html

capt..naps said...

KAAAAAAAAAAHNNNNNNNNN

anyways I havent seen this film in years I should probably rewatch it.

Mugato said...

I should just put a link directly to your reviews from now on. That was a very good job of pointing out every single flw in the Wrath of Khan. The funny thing is, the actors performances are so good that I really didn't notice how flawed the movie was. Very entertaining though.

Donald said...

I must've been in a bad mood when I wrote that or something.

Donald said...

Check this out. It's INSANE:

http://youtu.be/YS8OGMbj1kg

capt.naps. said...

saw that when some body did "every opening credit sequence" from the Simpsons at once. it was pretty cool.
the all star trek one is kinda annoying though.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

This movie is the bomb. I don't care what anybody says.