Friday, August 10, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 48 - Peak Performance

"The Enterprise and USS Hathaway face off in simulated combat maneuvers. Data fails to beat a humanoid at a game of Strategema and experiences feelings of self-doubt."

Picard brings Sirma onboard in order to asses the crews tactical skills. He is the best tactical person ever or something. Riker brings a rag tag crew of Worf, LaForge and Wesley on to the Hathaway in order to do "battle" with Picard and the Enterprise. Riker has zero chance of winning, but uses some clever trickery. Then the Ferengi show up and attack the Enterprise. Yeah, that's about it. The guy that played Sirma was really good. I looked it up and his name is Roy Brocksmith and he's been in a ton of 80's/90's movies.

ST TNG: 47 down 131 to go

6 comments:

Capt naps said...

I'd rather serve on the uss Ann Hathaway...am I right guys? Guys???!!!

Donald said...

It's that guy who sweats in total recall then gets shot. I love that guy.

Mugato said...

Yes. That's the guy!

Honestly, Anne Hathaway was my first thought as well. I was going to use a joke involving Riker entering the Hathaway, but i was too lazy.

Donald said...

Is it weird that I think Anne Hathaway was hottest in the first Princess Diaries movie? Is it weird that I even saw that movie?

mugato said...

She really hit the wall after those movies.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I loved this episode, honestly. There's so much good stuff going on in it. This is probably the last time maybe until the movies that you realize how awesome Riker is.