Thursday, August 30, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 53 - Who Watches the Watchers

I honestly feel that this episode is a turning point in TNG. Visualy it just seemed far better than all previous episodes and the actors seemed so much more comfortable in their roles. I dunno, maybe i'm wrong, maybe the next episode will suck ... or maybe I was just actually in a decent mood for once. We'll see.

The plot made no sense as usual. The Enterprise are visiting a secret outpost on a bronze-age planet. The outpost is hidden behind a hologram of a mountain. The scientists are there to observe this primitive culture. ..... why?? Seems like an absolute waste of time and money. Also, it borders on violating the Prime Directive.

The hologram fails, so Riker and crew beam down to assist. Too late. The inhabitants see the outpost and one of them falls off the mountain. Bev beams him up to sick bay for treatment. After saving him, they "erase his mind" and beam him back down. But it doesn't work! He now tells everyone that he was saved by a God named The Picard. Riker and Troi go down to the planet in disguise, but are soon found out and captured. What a total fucking mess!

Picard has to beam down and prove he is mortal and he does this by making someone shoot him. Then all is explained to these primative people .... which I'm sure totally fucks them up. Although I guess if Aliens visited the Native Americans or something, I guess no harm was done.

Also, the daughter of the injured planet dweller was pretty cute. I looked her up and her name is Pamela Segall .... and she is the voice of fucking Bobby Hill from King of the Hill???????

ST TNG: 52 down 127 to go

6 comments:

Donald said...

I know who that actress is, but I had no idea she was Bobby Hill. That just blew my mind. Nice voice acting.

And, yeah, this episode is brilliant.

Mugato said...

She's very talented. I watch KOTH every night, I can't even tell that it's a woman doing that voice.

Capt naps said...

I don't really remember this episode but I know the actress , she played Louie's friend on the tv show also called Louie.
You couldn't tell she was Bobby's voice? She sounds like him normally anyways

Donald said...

Well look who's the fuckin' king of voices over here!

Capt naps said...

I'm the reincarnation of Mel blanc

Mugato said...

She doesn't at all sound like a preteen male hick! Though that would be sexy if she did