Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Star Trek TNG: Episode 127 - Time's Arrow pt.1

"A 500 year old artifact is uncovered on Earth, Data's severed penis. The Enterprise investigates alien involvement in Earth's past and Data fulfills his destiny."

Only Star Trek can follow up a Hugo Award winning episode with this gem. I love this episode/episodes. Data goes back to the 19th c and meets Jack London and Guinan hangs out with Mark Twain. It's not nearly as dumb as it sounds, in fact ... it's pretty awesome.

In preparation for this episode I read Call of the Wild by Jack London, just because I realized that I never read shit by this guy.  ...... it was good.

This is my favorite quote from the book:

"Like a true natures child, we're the Call, Call of the Wild, we can fly so high, never want to die. Call .. of the .. Wi,iiild"

So ends season 5, it was probably the best season of TNG thus far.

126 down 53 to go

5 comments:

Donald said...

I love this episode. It's so weird and silly and nonsensical, but it's just good fun.

I really like Jack London. Great, underrated writer of some incredibly powerful prose. So why is he such a little dipshit?

Mugato said...

You know, that is a good point. Was this annoying shithead an accurate description of Jack London??

capt.naps said...

I remember really liking this episode but I don't recall jack london being in this at all!?!

Donald said...

That's a good quote. I also like that part where the dog is like:

"I just call (of the wild) to say I love you! And I'm wild from the bottom of my heart."

Or when he said something like:

"Wild(call) thing! You make my heart sing! You make every call... wild!"

Or when the black dog's dad drove him to his new house in the ghetto of south central L.A. and that song came on the radio, "Oooooooooh, wild... calls are gonna get wilder."

Forget I posted any of this.

Mugato said...

I don't know, I think "Wild(call) Thing" could be a hit