Thursday, August 04, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 19 - ACQUISITION

 “A group of Ferengi hijack Enterprise, but Trip, Archer and T'Pol play mind games with the pirates in order to win back their ship. “

My lord the Ferngi’s. Love these guys. I picture them as being Arabs for some reason. “Ahh yes my friend, what can I do for you? How about you buy this quarter, normally I’d sell for $100 but for you my friend, $50.”  The Ferengi’s are played by the Re-Animator guy (remember him as the Andorian), some guy from Benson and the only man that doesn’t even have to wear make-up to play a Ferengi … Clint Howard. Whom I think is a great character actor. Unfortunately for him, that character is a human grotesque. Remember when his brother Ron Howard got older and older, and uglier and uglier … until he was a horse-shoe haired mustachioed redhead? Everyone was like “Boy he’s rather ugly” … then comes the breaking news; “Did you know he actually has a brother? And he looks like THIS!!”
Wait no ... he looks like this 


 WHICH ONE?!?!?

The Ferengi’s knock out the crew and begin looting the ship. One of them is so friggin horny, he starts collecting the woman. I love the whole lobe stroking thing, it’s very funny. Trip wakes up and wearing a male leotard. Funny that this fashion suddenly comes back in the future? Archer, Trip and T’Pol work together to trick the Ferengi into turning on each other, like typical greedy used car salesmen.  Archer sees some promise in one of the Ferengi, he’s slightly less sleezy than the other three. Archer basically dubs this dude the new Ferengi captain but warns them to never come near a Federation ship ever again. I guess this might explain why they NEVER show up in TOS.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 19 down 79 to go

I've just been reminded that Clint Howard was also in TOS, playing ugly little kid in the Corbomite Maneuver  

4 comments:

Capt naps said...

Ya reminded by me! The real capt naps!
Clint Howard is THE man! And also an actual man too.

Anyways I heard that ferengi were actually a very offensive stereotype for Jews !? But Kirk and Spock were Jewish right?!
They were suppose to be the main baddie in next gen but people thought they were too goofy.

Mugato said...

It seems like the go to assumption would be Jewish ... but they physically look like Arabs to me.

Anonymous said...

I can kinda see them being Jewish sterotypes but they are so sleazy that they seem more persian or arab like!

Jews aren't known for their overt sleaziness.

also quark was awesome

Mugato said...

Exactly! And Quark was indeed awesome.