Monday, August 08, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 22 - VOX SOLA

"An unknown web-like alien boards Enterprise and starts capturing crew members, linking them together neurologically."

The episode starts out with a bunch of aliens storming off of Enterprise because they have been offended ... this plot is not mentioned again until the final minute.

The rest of the episode is full of water polo references. Archer is talking about water polo, Trip is talking about water polo, Archer and Trip are watching college water polo; Archer, Trip and a crewman are telepathically thinking about water polo while under the control of a giant alien tentacle. It's very crazy.

Not to say that I hate water polo, but I think I may hate water polo. I've never played it nor have I ever seen it played. I'm pretty sure I would suck at it .... but it seems dumb. Why would a sport that barely exists now, still exist in the future? It's neither water, nor is it polo. Ok so it's water, but still isn't polo. They should have to ride a horse in the pool. Now that would be so kick ass.

I would rather play Marco Polo than Water Polo. And I don't even mean playing the game Marco Polo, but literally playing him as a guitar. His corpse, if I could actually find it, I would strap it up and play Carry On Wayward Son on his ribcage.

Hoshi communicates with the tentacle, the ship is saved and you find out just why those aliens had been offended after all. It's because humans eat with their mouths, while they have sex with their mouths. Pretty awesome. And I still have no idea what Vox Sola is. The episode was directed by B'Elanna from Voyager.

Oh and by the way. Water Polo is AWESOME



ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 22 down 76 to go

11 comments:

capt.naps said...

ya why would water polo still exist?!?! that is weird. I guess its like "it became really popular over the years" but really its not popular now because its idiotic. (they still play baseball right?)
I think in the future they would have some kind of Zero Gravity type of game similar to rugby, also played with 3 teams instead of 2. thats my guess of the future

also I remember that mag cover. Some of those women aren't all that hot. its sorta creepy. Okay ladies get naked and stand next to each other....they wouldn't do that to the a guys team would they?? even though that would be SUPER HOT!!!!!

(inside reference, sorry donald) Imagine if the dreadnaughts had to take a pic like that for "touch football monthly magazine" hahahaha. shabba!!!

Mugato said...

If they did that with like the U.S. mens swim team, it would be hilarious. But yeah, it's a big double standard.

Also, I would never pose like that. Not even for flag football magazine! But possibly for fag football magazine.

Donald said...

This is going to sound mean, but those water polo chicks have such thick, muscular legs that they almost look like a bunch of centaurs or something. I don't find that hot.

And... yeah. One of the weirdest things the Enterprise writers ever came up with was the idea that water polo would be the most popular game on Earth in the future. I think it's safe to say that water polo has already been around long enough for everybody to never have cared about it yet, and nobody ever will.

What a dumb sport. How did they come up with this? "Hey, what if we just did basketball... but underwater?!"

Donald said...

There should've been a scene in Waterworld where Kevin Costner comes across a bunch of people playing water polo.

"Playing waterpolo, huh?"

"No! We're playing real polo. You just can't see our horses because they're under the water. This damn waterworld ruins everything!"

"Don't I know it, brother. Don't I know it."

"Anyway, what's up?"

"Not much. Just looking for this girl with a tattoo."

"The girl with the dragon tattoo? I've heard that's really good."

"That hasn't been written yet! This is still the 90s."

"That's when this movie was filmed, but it takes place in the future. So it's not an anachronism if I make that reference, just weird."

"Ok. Anyway, I'm thirsty. Anybody need to take a piss?"

I'm gonna stop now or I'll be here all day. This movie writes itself.

Capt naps said...

They are a bit huge for my tastes. I'd probably still bang them though
What was that movie? Roller ball? It was like roller derby but you could kill each other? Also running man was a popular sport in the future
Blernsball? That baseball game in futurama. See their is another popular future sport
Water polo?! Really?

Donald said...

Yeah, the Enterprise writers really had been daring, they would've had Trip ask Archer something like,

"Hey, Cap'n, did ya catch the vid feed of the new episode of Runnin' Man?"

"I never miss it. That Ben Richards is a real bad mother fucker!"

And then Trip would be all, "I'd buy that for a dollar!!"

Mugato said...

That's it, someone needs to write Waterword II.

The one that I find attractive is the 6th one in from the left. Although she does also appear to be the smallest.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

At first I thought you were making that up about the water polo, but then I thought, "Why would anybody make that up?"

Also, that image of the women's water polo team is a bonerkill.

Donald said...

"Bonerkill" sounds like a game frat boys would play:

"Ok guys... bonerkill... Vanessa Hudgens?"


"Bone!"

"Flo from Alice?"

"Kill!"

Mugato said...

I think my dad drove a bonerkill??

Capt naps said...

A pontiac bonerkill. That car was a chick magnet