Friday, September 02, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 37 - PRECIOUS CARGO

"While answering a distress call, Trip is kidnapped along with a spoiled alien princess."

They are really trying to turn Trip into Kirk, this episode episode just reinforces that theory. Lets see, Trip ends up on a planet with a hot, half naked alien princess and ends up making out with her. Case closed. The filming even looks like TOS, also the actress that plays this princess is very pretty. This episode is flawed from the beginning, within the first few minutes of the episode they have Trip playing blues on a harmonica. I mean, Trip would have been a kid in the 2100's. Any child born within the last 20 years our time may not even know who George Harrison is!! My point being that Trip should be listening to music that he grew up ... not music that Leadbelly grew up with!! Whatever. So anyway, there are aliens that are after this princess. Now 40 minutes of the episode is spent reinacting "Six Days, Seven Nights" then suddenly the epsidoe rushes to wrap everything up in 4 minutes. Very weird. So Trip punches the alien full force in the face three times and the thing laughs at him. Then the princess hits him with a branch and he's out cold. I mean really?? REALLY??? Not that a woman couldn't hit hard enough, but THIS woman couldn't do it. I guess that's all, episode done.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 37 down 61 to go

5 comments:

Donald said...

Oh god. Why did you have to remind me of this episode?

Actually... it was pretty good. That guy who plays Trip is such a likable actor that every Trip episode is good, even though they are actually all awful. Know what I mean?

Mugato said...

Ahh yes, I know what you mean. And this is a good segue to my theory on Star Trek ... which I will adress in my next post.

capt.naps said...

they should have worn the TOS uniforms in enterprise. their costumes were boring.

The TOS...that doesnt make sense "T" already stands for "the"...The The Original Series....whatever

Justin Garrett Blum said...

I can't believe the Connor Trinneer didn't get famous after this show. Trip was easily the best character on Enterprise.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Actually, come to think of it, I liked Phlox a lot, too, though I think that actor, at least, has gotten some work post-Enterprise.