Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 43 - CANAMAR

"Mistaken as smugglers, Archer and Trip find themselves on a prisoner transport ship"

Now this is what I'm talking about! This episode is excellent. It's got great characters and guest actors, action, drama and the best part is the comedy relief. There is this annoying prisoner that sits next to Trip and will not shut up! And he looks like Rocky Dennis. Anyone that takes public transportation may know this scenario, a disgusting person sits next to you and will not stop yapping!

So two of the prisoners take over the vessel and initiate Archer to help fly it. You really start to sympathize with the prisoners as many are innocent or just likable petty thieves. Even Archer has a hard time not liking these people, but in the end he has to stab them in the back to save his own ass. And he feels pretty crappy about it. But Sean Whalen is so good as the talkative alien Zoumas.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 43 down 55 to go

9 comments:

capt.naps said...

seriously can't look at that photo. the guys is so gross

Mugato said...

I'm not one to make fun of people ... right?? But I used to take the bus everyday with a guy that was covered in boils, like not an inch of his face didn't have a boil on it. Worst life. It was the same bus that Mr. Death would take, Fred Leuchter!

capt. naps said...

ya when I worked at Space Stop n Shop some lady came in with ALL boils on her face. Like NOT ONE PART wasn't boiled!!! I really wanted to vomit while looking at her.
not to be rude
but I really wanted to puke

maybe if you get boil-itis you can't cure it??? why would you walk around like that?

Mugato said...

Hmmm...that guy got on the bus in space Malden! Where that same stop n shop is. Interesting...

Donald said...

Here's the thing about this blog: Half of these episodes make me angry that this show was so awful, but then the other half make me remember that it was so awesome.

Has there ever been any other show that varied so much in quality from week to week? During the first couple seasons I used to go to Justin's apartment just to watch this show because I didn't have Cable. For a while it was on the same night as Firefly, but we all know how that ended. Then it was on the same night as Fastlane, which was also cancelled after one season.

Anyway... this episode was cool. Here's the secret to a great episode of Enterprise: Lots of Trip.

Donald said...

And just for the record, 99.9999% of the credit for the success of the character of Trip Tucker has to go to actor Connor Trinneer.

Here's the thing, other than the fact that he's Southern and is supposed to be some kind of engineer (do we ever really see him fix anything more than, like, twice?), I know nothing about the character, and yet I'd put him on my top ten list of favorite Trek characters ever. I can tell you the entire biography of Will Riker starting with his birth, but I don't remember anything about Trip. He was just likable.

capt. naps said...

I wonder if Boil lady was related to Boil man? what are the chances? they both lived in Space Malden!!!!
also Dr.Death was cool!!!

thats true that Star Trek was very Hit or Miss but I'd say the most "hit or miss" show is probably family guy. and its in the same episode! some jokes are really good others are just terrible and boring to watch.

Donald said...

I know many people love Family Guy, but I'd just write off the entire series as a miss.

Mugato said...

Many good points here. I almost feel that Trip is the ONLY likable character on the show, though Phlox is OK. Even Archer irritates me and he is supposed to be the "main Character". You reminded me that when this show was originally on the air, I bailed to watch Ghost Whisperer. That's pretty sad.

Family Guy the first two seasons was pretty good, but man, Seth MacFarlane is such a huge douche.