Monday, September 26, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 50 - FIRST FLIGHT

"After hearing of the death of a close friend, Archer tells T'Pol about his early career as an experimental warp engine pilot"

Yeah it's another one of those tell a story of the origins of a star trek related theme. But, they are ALWAYS entertaining. This episode was awesome form one reason .... Keith Carradine. He is actually David Carradine's half-brother, I could toss in a easy David Carradine joke but I actually liked him. Not so much for his acting but more for his naked sex death in a closet. And this is me liking somebody! But Keith was Lundy, and that was an great character. Although ... do they realy have to make Dexter's scanky ugly sister get a new f-buddy for every season? It's just gross. And I hate the character of Quinn, he's an unlikeable dickhead with a crappy Boston accent .... wait...hmmm. Anyway, I like Doakes.

So Keith Carridine is a cocky pilot that nearly ruins the space program by destroying a warp ship. Archer and him have a great bar room fight scene. They become friends. In the end Archer gets picked to captain the Enterprise. The episode also shows when Trip meets Archer. Trip is awesome, but he seems so dumb ... i just can't take a hick seriously. I like how Trip treats Archer like a buddy instead of the captain, Archer doesn't really seem to care either. This is an odd dynamic. But I guess I would be the same way if my friend became my boss, I totally wouldn't take them seriously.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 50 down 48 to go

5 comments:

Justin Garrett Blum said...

To be a starship captain for Starfleet, you need to be an awesome barroom brawler.

capt.naps said...

this guy is the father of Martha Plympton?! thats sorta weird. also star trek...whatever

Mugato said...

I honestly have no idea who that is.

I guess I would never make to starfleet captain, I'd probably be a damn ensign.

Donald said...

In the history of the world, has anybody ever actually gotten into a bar room brawl? Because according to TV and the movies, they happen every day.

Mugato said...

I know right? Maybe a cowboy in 1890.