Saturday, October 08, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 55 - EXTINCTION

"During a wild-goose chase pursuing the Xindi, Archer, Malcolm and Hoshi are exposed to an alien virus and begin to mutate into members of a long-dead race called the Loque'eque."

Well that pretty much sums it up. It's dumb, just look at that picture of Archer and not laugh. A few other tidbits are; they are again attacked by some sort of space pirate, Phlox discovers an antidote to the mutation and T'Pol rubs down Trip. But I'm not here to talk about Star Trek: Enterprise, oh wait...I am. Well I'm not going to.

The movie Freaks (1932) was on TV. Maybe it's just me or is this actually a well written movie? I could see someone easily thinking that this is some kind of Trauma type film, but it's an actual film with a good plot. You really don't expect to find yourself having an emotional response to a movie with a bearded lady in it. But I do, I really feel bad for Hans. During the infamous scene in which they sing that catchy tune "one of us, one of us" while initiating Cleopatra and then she flips out and tosses the drink all over the midget version of David from Roseanne, I also felt bad. It's a damn good film. The acting of Frieda (Daisy Earles) is excellent, I felt bad for her. And I looked her up and it seems that this movie is her only speaking role, I guess she would be rather type cast though. Too bad because she is very good....I feel bad.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 55 down 43 to go

3 comments:

Donald said...

Freaks is a classic. It's directed by Tod Browning, who is best known for Dracula staring Bela Lugosi, but Freaks is way more scary.

Donald said...

I have nothing to say about this episode of Enterprise.

Mugato said...

Me Either. I would rather watch Freaks.