Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 62 - SIMILITUDE

The idea of this episode is just stupid, but I'll be damned if they didn't pull it off to be entertaining. In fact most of Levar Burton directed episodes have been pretty good. The episode opens up with a funeral for Trip and I'm thinking oh great another alternate timeline. But no, this is real ... well sort of. Earlier Trip had been put into a coma by a plasma explosion, his brain is nearly destroyed and there's no hope. Or is there? Dr. Phlox has an idea to grow a new Trip. Yes, that's what I said. A clone. See it's a bit stupid. The amazing thing is that he can grow this clone (named Sim) from a baby to Trip's age in a week. In this time everyone comes to like Sim, but unfortunetly at this rate he will get old and die within a month right?Not so, Phlox could stop the aging process. Now I'm thinking if they make the Trip character a clone, I'm giving up on this series. Not so. Now, Archer must decide to kill Sim in order to use his brain to cure Trip. And he does without hesitation. Obviously Sim is pissed, but after time he volunteers to die. It was interesting episode, full of left wing agendas. Oh well, it was well done. Also Sim reveals to T'Pol that Trip is in love with her ... as he has all of Trip's memories for some reason. This was the highest rated episode of the season.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 62 down 36 to go

6 comments:

Donald said...

Oh yeah, this one. I'll give Enterprise credit... they did come up with some pretty interesting, provocative storylines at times. They just needed more episodes like this one, and less like... well... every other episode.

If this was really the top rated episode of the season, shouldn't they have taken a hint and written more intelligent, storybased scripts?

Mugato said...

I guess they eventually get the hint in season 4, by then it was just too late. Season 3 has made me hate nearly every character, except for Trip, Phlox and Travis. They also have these assault team characters that are just obnoxious.

Donald said...

The problem with season 4... and maybe I should save this comment until you get there, but oh well... is that it was structured mostly as a series of three or four part story lines. How are you going to bring in new viewers when every episode is a part of some three part story? A lot of them were very, very good, but come on. Too long!

Mugato said...

Ugghh. I'm going to be so annoyed by that! Ha, I'm the worst Star Trek fan ever because I'm constantly irritated by watching the show. Maybe I'm just a colossal Nitpicker.

susan said...

I find your blog interesting. i write lots of star trek fanfiction in my past time. click my name and read it. you would find it very interesting.
I'd be interested to read more reviews on enterprise. It was the least interesting series but I still liked it

Donald said...

Intentionally bad fan fiction? I don't get it. Why not just write good fan fiction?