Sunday, October 16, 2011

Enterprise: Episode 61 - NORTH STAR

"A planet resembling the American "Old West" is found to be inhabited by humans."

Oh yeah, finally a fucking cowboy planet! I'm a sucker for these every time. This was well done. The inhabitants are the descendants of humans that had been abducted from Earth in the late 1800's. They were taken here to be slave labor. At some point they overthrew their captures and turned the tables. Archer is forced to beam himself up to the ship in front of everybody, so then he must tell them that he is from Earth just like their ancestors. They are of course shocked because they are after all stuck in the 1800's. He tells them at some point he will return and take them back home. No Xindi crap, just a straight up old school star trek episode.

ST ENTERPRISE COUNTDOWN: 61 down 37 to go

11 comments:

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Maybe that movie Cowboys and Aliens was a prequel to this episode.

Mugato said...

Hmmm. Now I'm thinking

Donald said...

I'm gonna have to rewatch this one. I don't remember it, but it sounds cool.

Capt naps said...

So in 400 years they haven't moved past cowboy days?

Zoidberg said...

I once travelled to two gangster worlds and a cowboy planet

Mugato said...

I guess they just don't have the resources on this planet to really develop. It's like a gigantic southwestern united states.

Donald said...

If I was captain, I'd make a rule that you can't come on away missions to planets like this one unless you look human.

"But, captain, if I wrap this scarf around my head, nobody will see me ears."

"Maybe not, but you'll still look like a fucking idiot with a scarf wrapped around your head. For the last time, you're not coming! We have two hundred people on this ship. Why do I need to bring the same three people along every time?"

Mugato said...

Yes! I'm guessing in the real military the top three people in charge NEVER go into a dangerous situation. Nevermind being the only three to ALWAYS go into these situation.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

That was something I liked about TNG. Picard was like, "I'm too important. Send Riker."

Donald said...

"Send the caveman. I'mma' go read Hamlet for the seventeen time and then bang Minuet."

Mugato said...

That's why Picard is awesome. He's a realist!