Saturday, March 24, 2012

Star Trek TOS: Episode 74 - TREQUIEM FOR METHUSELAH

Now that I’m in the TOS home stretch I’m going to try and watch an episode (or two) a day until I reach the end.

A great idea and plot. The execution is not 100% but it’s decent enough. They beam down to a planet to find a man named Flint and his android wife. Flint has a collection of unseen Earth paintings, musical pieces, books etc etc. Come to find out that he is 6,000 years old and was born in Mesopotamia. He realized that he is immortal. Throughout his Earth life he had been Alexander the Great, Leaonardo DiVinci, Brahms, Solomon and many others. Flint and Kirk fight for the love of the android lady. Flint eventually turns the Enterprise into a paper weight. Then he feels bad and fixes it. Or something.

ST TOS COUNTDOWN: 75 down 5 to go

1 comment:

Donald said...

Oh yeah, this one!. I don't remember it, but I remember thinking it was neat. I'm gonna go rewatch it.