Saturday, March 24, 2012

Star Trek TOS: Episode 75 - WAY TO EDEN

I wasn't planning on watching another one today, but I'm glad I did. This episode is worth watching. Not because it’s good, but because it is so fucking stupid. This is actually a good thing sometimes, it made me laugh. The Enterprise encounter a group of space-hippies. They are every hippie stereotype rolled into one. They are lazy, annoying and ignorant. They follow this creepy dude that acts as a cult leader, he plans on taking over the Enterprise in order to take his group to a “promised land”. They have this musician in the group that belts out the catchiest tunes ever. I would actually buy this guys CD … OK I would illegally download it.There is also a cute hippie chick that is wearing an almost entirely backless outfit. This episode nearly has full backal nudity.

ST TOS COUNTDOWN: 76 down 4 to go


2 comments:

Donald said...

Is this the one where Spock plays his Vulcan banjo or something? I can't really remember. I guess I'll go watch this one too.

And on another note... what's the deal with Checkov? Think there are actually people who'd name him as their favorite character?

Mugato said...

HA yes indeed, this is the one where Spock joins a band.

In season two there had been about three episodes in a row in which Checkov was a great character, very funny and had some excellent lines. Then ever since, he's been nothing but a drag.