Friday, May 25, 2012

Star Trek TNG: Episode 11 - Haven

Yes, this is actually in the episode
This episode has the look, feel and plot of a terrible day time soap opera. But, it does have a great cast of guest stars ... including Nan Martin (who you may remember from the Drew Carey Show if you even watched that). Anyway, the plot sucks. Troi and crew go to planet Haven to take part in her arranged marriage. In the end, he leaves her for another woman. We get to meet her annoying mother Lwaxana (played by a surpringly adequate Majel Barrett). Haven should be a planet in which everyone worships Richie Havens. Also, the Betazoids are such a dumb race. That's all I got.

ST TNG: 11 down 167 to go

5 comments:

Donald said...

The first couple seasons of TNG are full of episodes about which all I can say are, "Oh yeah... this one."

capt.naps said...

i remember not watching the first season of this show. I wonder if they were using old scripts for the aborted star trek series (that later got turned into the motion picture)
what was gene's involvement with TNG? I really have no idea...was he already dead at this point?(ya i could google it...so lazy)

anyways

remember that show Big Bad Betazoids??? hahaha whatever

Donald said...

I actually got as far as typing "gene rodde" into google before I realized I didn't give a shit.

Cap naps said...

So I googles "first season sucked". And evidently it was a writers strike at the time

Donald said...

I think the strike effected season 2 more than season 1.