Monday, May 07, 2012

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

I'm sorry but this movie borders on terrible. The special effects are awful, the plot is typical and the only memorable scene is "row row your boat" (which is stupid). Although I do like the ending, when I guess they kill God or something. Sort of interesting I guess. The entire Klingon plot is pointless ... also Spock's brother?? Really? The whole point is to cross the Great Barrier Reef and then they do and there's really nothing there except that shit planet with fake god on it.

The entire beginning is just dumb. Kirk rock climbing (I mean what's the point), Spock with rocket shoes and Bones being a schitzo. I feel like I'm watching a Three Stooges episode. The movie basically has the feel of Dune meets Star Wars meets feces. The Klingons apologize!! This movie did not need to be made.I get the whole bonding with the Klingons had to happen at some point ... but this could have just been done in Star Trek 6. And what the hell is with the sexual tension between Uhura and Scotty?!?!? When the heck did that happen.

7 comments:

capt.naps. said...

they still have fan dancing in the future???

this its the worst star trek movie (i actually enjoyed Part One the Motion Picture)

fights god...so dumb

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Well, I agree with Naps about it being the worst, but there's still some stuff I like in this film. I've watched it a surprising number of times.

It is kind of funny that the barrier in the center of the galaxy, or whatever, was never mentioned before or since. I would have liked it better if it had actually been the Judeo-Christian God and Kirk had killed him. That would have been hilarious.

Mugato said...

I actually would have like that better too. The go through the barrier, they find that God really God exists and then Kirk kills him anyway.

Donald said...

The first ten minutes or so of this movie are ok. I also like Laurence Luckinbill as Sybock. That guy's a pretty good actor.

But, all in all, this movie sucks donkey dick.

Donald said...

That's an expression, right?

Capt naps said...

It's more than an expression...it's a way of life

Mugato said...

DeForest Kelly is so bad in this movie too. Which is surprising