Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Indians and Irish

St. Patricks Day just past. What a waste of a day....you don't even get the day off. What's the big deal anyway, especially for non Irish people. Let me get this straight now .... you dedicate a day to eating corned-beef and cabbage and getting drunk. You can do this anyday! Irish food is such sub-standard too, wouldn't you rather have T-Bone and Garlic Mashed with anything other than a Guiness. Don't get me wrong i'll eat the Irish food and I dig Guiness but really it's a dumb day. Now the one thing I must admit that I LOVE about the Irish culture is the music. Traditional Irish music fucking rules. Think of all the traditional music from other countries. France?, Italy?, Africa?, Luxemborg? ..... Irish music is cool stuff, ever heard Finnegan's Wake done by the Clancy Brothers???? HUH!!!! I secretly hate Irish people.

So anyone hear about that school shooting on the Indian Reservation in Bemidji Minnesota? Bemidji State is one of my favorite college football teams....GOOOOOO BEAVERS!. Anyway, some kid killed 9 people. I can't believe it, i really can't believe it. The fact that there are still Indian Reservations...i had no idea, I can't believe this, i really can't believe it. What are there like 20 Indians left in the country ...wait (20 - 9 = 11) .... What are there like 11 Indians left in the country? Who cares anyway. By the way, I'm not racist because I hate everybody equally.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ya Irish music is way better than Opera or something. whatever

Donald said...

It is kinda nice that a big, mass murder was finally committed by somebody who wasn't a white guy. This kid wasn't white, right?

Mugato said...

A) Yes Irish music is better than Opera.

B)I honesty don't know if the kid was White...nor if any Indians actually died. I assume only Indians go to school on a Reservation??

Donald said...

So I'll tell you how selfish, pathetic, and worthless a human being I am: I live in Minnesota, so my first reaction to this news story was, "how is this going to effect me?!"

Now I'm worried that I'm going to have to attend some candle light vigil or be forced to wear a black arm band at work.

At least the people who died were Indians. That means nobody in the rest of the country will give a shit, right? I'm not talking shit about Indians, I'm talking shit about people.

Mugato said...

I'd react the same way. I'm not wearing no black arm...it's almost as bad as that damn Livestrong Braclet....OK so I own one, but i'll never wear it. Anyway, yeah Indians. Wasn't it to cold for Indians to exist in Minnesota anyway? I always assumed that Minnesota was full of Norweigans like Rose Nieland from the Golden Girls. This is because my whole perception of the world is based on TV shows.

Mugato said...

Good point. I bet many Indians are crying now. Like Tom Hanks said in "Iroquois League of Our Own" - There's No Crying In Manifest Destiny....yeah.