Tuesday, March 29, 2005

More coffe talk

I find it odd that at Barnes and Noble people can take books from the store and read them in the cafe. What if you spill coffee on the book....you just put it back? What if everyone started spilling crap on the books and put them back? Then no one would buy the books.....plus if you could sit there and read it then why would you buy it? Is there a time limit in the cafe? Could I sit there all day and read as long as I kept drinking coffee? I don't know because i'm intimidated by that cafe. The people seem so snobby and i'm out of place...thats why I stick to Dunkin Donuts at least the people there are as classless and gross as I am. And I know that I can sit in there all day and read because I doubt that 17 year old hispanic girl that doesn't speak much English is going to tell me otherwise. Starbucks workers treat me like shit, which I find amusing I guess. Like when I accidently ask for a medium and they correct me "it's called a grande". "...oh really? you want to see a grande?!??! look at this you bitch! .....well...um...it's a bit cold in here...but you get the idea." I wish Starbucks coffee wasn't so damn delicious. But they can't hold a candle to Dunkin's sandwiches (Steak, Mushroom and Swiss on a Bagel or Bacon, Egg and Chesse on a Crouissant). Didn't I already write about this? Whatever.

5 comments:

Donald said...

Barnes and Noble Cafe? Now you're just fishing for comments. Like that post I did on my blog about the DMV.

But, yeah, as a cafe worker... If you spill on the book, you have to pay for it. Or just sneak it back on the shelf and hope that nobody notices. There's no time limit. Though I did have to ask somebody to leave once. A manager saw a woman eating McDonald's at one of the tables and freaked out then yelled at me and forced me to tell her to leave. I went over and was like, "Um... well... hi... uh..." Then I went back to the manager and said, "I told her."

Oh yeah... and one of the reasons I hate Minnesota is that there are no Dunkin Donutses out here. At least none that I've ever seen. Kripsy Kreme? Fuck you. Nobody makes better donuts than that guy who looks like Saddam Hussein. He's awesome.

Mugato said...

Yeah it's my roundabout way of asking you questions about work....without actually asking you.

They finally opened up a Krispy Kreme around here and last month someone working there spread hepatitis to the customers. Personlly i enjoy the chocolate frosted...the hep-A frosted one, not so much. I love living around here, everyone is so gross.

Also the Dunkin's guy was named Fred the Baker. Yes, was....he died. They had a big "retirement" commercial for him, and then like a month later he shit the bed. I wonder if they put "It's time to make the donuts" on his gravestone?

Here's another observation:
Starbucks chicks around here are cute and earthy (which i kinda find hot)
While Dunkin Donuts chicks are foreign and slutty (which i also find hot)
And Krispy Kreme chicks are foreign and slutty and have hepatitis (which kind of turns me off)

Donald said...

I have a friend who has Hepatitis B (whatever that is). She came into the cafe a while ago and used one of our silver spoons to stir her coffee. After she left, I used a napkin and threw the spoon into the trash. True story. That's how paranoid and fucked up I am. At least I had the decency to do it behind her back.

Mugato said...

Hey Naps, wasn't the Barnes and Noble bathroom really gross?

Mugato said...

When I was the Janitor for the Chelsea Pool, I did the same thing. People used to shit on the floor!