Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Star Trek TOS: Episode 12 - THE MENAGERIE 2


Like I said, I just watched The Cage last week so this was just dreadful to sit through. Now, I remember the entire reason why Spock did this and I also know why I keep forgetting this. Because it sucks. He just wants the Talosians to revive Pike to his former self. Why would Spock do this? It’s way out of character! Then we have Mendez being a Talosian the entire time. Certainly there really is a Cmdr. Mendez because Kirk knew him well. So…was this Mendez a Talosian back at the Starfleet facility?? 

Also, Starfleet was indeed watching the trial of Spock, this part was not a Talosian trick.  They find him innocent and in fact think he had a good idea, they order the Enterprise to bring Pike to Talos IV and have him fixed. How fucking unlikely is this?!?!

I never thought I’d say it, but man what a piece of garbage this was. I understand that it needed to be done quickly (as explained in the last post) and given that I’m not going to trash it too hard. But I would rather watch boxing, which I totally despise (although Tyson-Givens was a good match). I guess in the end Pike lives happily ever after with Vina on planet Talos IV? Not really sure.

ST TOS COUNTDOWN: 13 down 67 to go

1 comment:

Donald said...

Yeah, this episode isn't very good, but all things considered 10 or 11 good to great episodes was a nice run.