Monday, March 17, 2014

Star Trek Into Darkness

The problem with most movies these days, is that it is all action and not much plot. Plus the dialogue is so low and the action is so loud that I spend half the movie messing with the volume. Anyway, this movie at least had an okay plot. It involves Klingons and Khan, that's enough right there to get me watching. The visuals were extraordinary, the cast was great and the entertainment factor was high.


After watching TNG and seeing how many times the series used the premise of "alternate universes", I was able to buy into this concept a little bit more this time around. I did enjoy the first movie, but I was able to get into the second one much more. It's not the best movie and it pales in comparison to all of the other Star Trek films (just because for a Star Trek movie...it is not very "Star Trek"), but it's a fun watch.


The premise was not very complicated. It just boils down to Kirk stopping Khan from causing havoc. Still, the scene at the end with Khan crashing the Enterprise into San Francisco was pretty damn cool. So anyway, that's it, a decent film but not Earth shattering ... well maybe a little.


Interesting note: Bill Hader, Chris Hemsworth and Jennifer Morrison all have small voice over spots in the film.

3 comments:

Donald said...

I hated this movie.

Justin Garrett Blum said...

Yeah, I didn't much care for it either.

http://entertainment.blogs.uatu.net/2013/09/12/star-trek-into-darkness-2013/

dwibs93 said...

I'll take the two Abrams films over a couple of the other ones (TMP and Nemesis).