Monday, March 03, 2014

Star Trek TNG: Episode 170 - Masks

The Enterprise encounter a rogue comet that is in actuality an archive for a long extinct alien race. This archive begins to effect Data and causes him to act out the lives of every inhabitant from that race. While it was a decent idea on paper, it just didn't translate well to screen. In fact, this is the first time that I actually felt embarrassed for Brent Spiner. As Data, he has been asked to do some pretty goofy things...but this was just too much. If I had to listen to him say Masaka one more time....
And, for an episode named Masks ... not one appearance from Jim Carrey, Rocky Dennis or T-Bob.


169 down 10 to go

4 comments:

Donald said...

How many Rocky Dennis jokes have you made on this Blog?

This is one of those episodes that makes me feel like maybe I'm stupid because I don't understand it. It must've made sense to somebody, right? Not to me.

Productionwise, it's brilliant. The effects and the sets look awesome. But... yeah. Huh?

Mugato said...

Hmm, I will have to count them some day. It is my "go to" joke. I really have to get some new material.

Donald said...

Your scene where Santa meets Rocky Dennis was particularly memorable.

Donald said...

http://themugato.blogspot.com/2004/12/when-rocky-met-santa.html