Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 82 - Our Man Bashir

Basically, Bashir and Garek get trapped in a holodeck program in which Bashir is a "James Bond" type character. This type of plot was overdone in TNG so I wasn't too enthusiastic about having to watch...plus I hate Bashir. But honestly, it was sort of fun. I enjoyed how Garak (who actually was a spy) seems genuinely disgusted by Bashir's fantasy. The episode name "Our Man Bashir" is a play on the movie "Our Man Flint" which is one my all time favorite films (I also enjoyed "In Like Flint"). So yeah, that's it.

82 down and 94 to go

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is such a fun episode. Two of my favorite things are Star Trek and James Bond, so this was a dream come true. I just wish they had shoved in some G.I. Joe characters.

Anyway, Avery Brooks is probably the best Bond villain that was never actually in a Bond movie. Whatever that means.