Friday, November 14, 2014

Star Trek DS9 Episode 85 - Crossfire

"Odo's hidden feelings for Kira surface when the visiting Bajoran First Minister, Edon Shakaar, begins to court her."

I do feel bad for Odo. He is not a nice looking guy so I'm sure Kira is not romantically interested in him... Then again Worf ends up with Dax so what the hell do I know. But, these feelings are really driving Odo crazy. Keeping it all to himself and watching Kira with other men just finally causes Odo to lose it. Odo goes on a rampage and destroys his room. Finally he opens up to Quark of all people and he calms down. In the end he tells Kira that he can't be her friend anymore... at least that is what I got out of it. Which brings me to the truth that every man knows deep down inside...men and straight women can't be friends. The guy will eventually get some kind of non friendship feelings for her. Maybe he never says anything about it, or maybe he does... regardless, it is always there.

There was this guy in the episode that looked familiar so I checked up on him. Name is Bruce Wright. Didn't know this guy at all. But while searching for him I found this guy, Bruce M. Wright and his life story is rather interesting.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruce_M._Wright


85 down and 91 to go



3 comments:

Justin Garrett Blum said...

"In the end he tells Kira that he can't be her friend anymore... at least that is what I got out of it. Which brings me to the truth that every man knows deep down inside...men and straight women can't be friends."

Odo needed to watch When Harry Met Sally.

Mugato said...

This cracked me up, I thought of that movie as I was writing that! Damn, I can't stand Billy Crystal.

Unknown said...

Good one.