Monday, December 13, 2004

They can't hear you scream in Spacey!

Over the weekend in Somerville, Massachusetts, USA, Earth.... there was a Kevin Spacey concert. Seriously! If it was better advertised then I would have hitched a ride to Earth and checked it out. Evidently he's doing a 10 date tour promoting his movie "Beyond the Sea", in which he portrays lounge singer Bobby Darin. In the review it said that he's backed by a full "big band" and he does 2 hours of Bobby Darin tunes....such as "Mack the Knife" and um ...... "Mack the Knife" (of which I only know from that 80's commercial with the creepy singing moon-head guy....any one remember that? Was it a Burger King commercial?). Whatever. All in all, they said that it wasn't too bad, and somewhat entertaining. I would have gone! Spacey is a weird Dude. I kinda dig him. I did a search on his name in Yahoo and it comes up with "Also Try: Kevin Spacey Gay" ...... whats up wit dat? I think his real name is Kevin Fowler...why the Spacey though? Like...ooh i'm so crazy...i'm friggin' spacey!! Kinda pompous. Anyway, he was in tons of good flicks. I really liked him in K-PAX and American Beauty, also Pay It Forward was a great movie (Haley Joel Osmond is seriously a really good actor, he was excellent in this Sixth Sense and AI....and i think he played Murphey Browns kid....and he's hot...what?....who said that?). Mr. Spacey was in an episode of that "good" 80's TV show The Equalizer...starring the Energizer "Oi" guy....i think? I'm totally off topic....lets see...i'd rather listen to Kevin Spacey sing, then the "Bacon Brothers", "Bruce Willis and the Accelerators", Joe Piscapo or Russell Crowe's band "30 Odd Foot of Grunts". Actually I really don't want to hear Spacey sing...i'm annoyed by this....go away! .......was there ever an episode where Tuvok goes through Fon-Pa...that would be disturbing.

3 comments:

Mugato said...

I don't know if he's gay.. Maybe its a rumor. hmmm.

Donald said...

I listen to some clips from this album when it first appeared on the iTunes music store a couple weeks ago. How could I not? Anyway, it was disapointing because it wasn't as bad as I was hoping. He's an ok singer. He's just no Bobby Darin. And Bobby Darin is no Englebert Humperdink. So make of that what you will.

And Mac the Knife was on the McDonald's commercials. He was singing about how you should have a "Big Mac... tonight" or something like that. Clever, huh?

Mugato said...

AHHH YES! McDonalds...that was it. So Spacey actually sings on the soundtrack? What a lame way to promote a movie.