Wednesday, December 01, 2004

RAY of DOPE

Rachel Ray came to Borders Books in Boston recently to sign some "great" book. Seriously, like WAY too many people showed up. It's lunch time on a Monday! What are you people doing! Well anyway, she's not too bad, but she's pretty dopey. With catch phrases like "E.V.O.O" and "Garbage Bowl It", i mean come on we're not dealing with a genious here. Did I spell genious right? Whatever. So a few days ago I caught an episode of Rachel Ray's $40 a day in Boston, and it was MIND BLOWING. Not really....but I found one thing odd. She goes on the usual tour of Boston...thats cool. But then for lunch she goes to Kelly's Roastbeef on Revere Beach. Now Kelly's is good: they have good fried clams, roast beef sandwiches, fish n' chips etc., but if she's suggesting that people go from Boston to Revere..well have fun...hahahaha..hahahahahahahaha......hahahaha...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....fools.

For those of you who don't know about Revere Beach, here's some info.
A) It's a pain in the sack to get from Boston to Revere Beach. Hop on the urine soaked Blue Line or drive through the big dig, maybe you can pay $30 for a cab just to get friggin $6.00 clam strips....what a great vacation. B) Disgusting isn't even the word for Revere Beach. I remember being a kid digging through the sand and finding numerous needles and even a dogs skull. There's more trash on the Beach than in the city dump. It smells like rotting eggs and the water is far from clean. C) It's not exactly the safest place in the world. When I was 17 my band played at a biker bar called the Tank....although I was pretty sure I was gonna die there that night, I STILL felt safer than actually being outside with hundreds of ghetto punks driving up and down the strip blasting that horrid bass drivin' reggae/rap (whatever that crap is) and screaming in foreign tongues. There is MUCH worse cities than Revere (such as Chelsea), but I still was shocked that Rachel Ray went out of her way to go there. It makes me wonder if she even has any idea what she's getting into. Like I said she's pretty dopey, and that trip could have easily turned out tragic. ......That would be funny though...hahahahahahahahahaha! Hmm...wait, I'm supposed to be from a different planet....um....whatever!

3 comments:

Donald said...

I went to see Rachel Ray when she came to the Mall of America. We watched her cooking demonstration (tex mex pizza and some other shitty recipe for chili with pasta) then skipped the autograph signing. The line was too long, then when we came back later, they told us they were no longer letting people in. But the guard suggested we visit her at some local grocery store the next afternoon where she was signing her book.

That's right... a grocery store. I pitty the people who actually came in to shop that day because the line went up and down half the store. Yeah, I went. I already owned one of her books (never read it though) so I figured I'd get it signed. Also, I have no life and, at that point, I had no real job. So what the hell? Anyway, waited for about two hours jsut for some signature in a book I still haven't read. I also took some crummy pictures that didn't come out. But she was cute in person. Very lovable.

Also, I watched her $40 episode for Cleveland, where my mother used to live, and I wasn't impressed. She went to some restaurant that sucks. I know because I've been there. It's one of those popular local dives that are popular for no reason other than that they're popular. Know what I mean?

Anyway, that's that on that.

Mugato said...

I'm too lazy to put pics on today. I just couldn't get myself to wait in line that day...it seemed depressing. I peeked in, she looked cute, i left. But anyway, she did the same in Boston as in Cleveland i guess...i mean she actually went to Cheers and got a beer...i'm sure it cost like $7.00 too. And why would you go on vacation if you could only spend $40 a day on food?

Donald said...

And, really, who would go on vacation to Cleveland anyway? Unless you're going to visit my mother, that is. And why would Rachel Ray do that?