Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Jazz

I'm sorry, but I hate jazz music. I don't mean big band and swing bands, because thats pretty cool....i'm talking about straight up jazz. Sure I guess it's cool that it's considered "intelligent" and "the math of music", also most of the original jazz performers did heroin. But man does it suck. I've tried to like it, it's damn near impossible. Maybe i'm shallow, but musically it doens't make sense. I dare you to listen to a WHOLE jazz album............it makes you want to die, seriously it does. And really someone inform Bill Cosby that black people really don't like jazz music anymore. Who would you rather listen to John Coltrane or Wham?? No contest, i'd still take Wham....and then i'd listen to their music! huh? The only good thing that came from Jazz is one of my favorite zingers..."I was in Korea last night.......Chic Correa!" he's a crappy jazz guy. Here on Neural Planet we got almost 3ft of snow, I'm tired of being cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Donald said...

Jazz sucks. I'm glad somebody had the balls to say it. Jazz is more often than not (and by that I mean always, I'm just trying to be nice) a random collection of ear piercing tunes played for hours at a time. I fuckin' hate it.

Mugato said...

Exactly, it's just artisticly-hyped crap that people pretend to like, just appear more cultured....like interpertive dance and poetry slams. I'm listening to Dar Williams right now, so i guess i'm even gayer than a jazz fan.

Mugato said...

Personally I'd use a Nonopulse Laser to melt the snow.

Anonymous said...

The only person here that I respect is carmine, because none of the rest of you knows fuckall what you're talking about. Random and ear piercing? That's a huge load of crap you just dumped, my friend. Unless you're talking about free jazz, in which case I would agree. That sucks. And smooth jazz, which only those pussy-ass Vulcans actually like. Also, acid jazz, and jazz fusion are pretty lame and occasionally wretched. Anyway, the point is that anybody who can't appreciate jazz must be a damn crypto-Romulan!

-Capt. Willaim T. Riker, USS Titan